How to get rid of duplicate emails in Outlook easily?
Sometimes while using Outlook 2010 application to manage your important email messages, you may find that same emails are received multiple number of times leading to huge data storage in Outlook folders which might further cause slow performance issues or even corruption.
There can be several reasons responsible for the presence of duplicate emails in Outlook 2010 such as:
- Incorrect or improper rule settings
- In case multiple instances are running, duplicate requests made to POP3 server may lead to receiving of duplicate mails
- Another reason can be two POP3 accounts for the same profile or leaving a message copy on the server itself
So, to get rid of duplicate emails in Outlook, you need to follow the below discussed steps to remove them:
- At first, highlight the folder containining duplicate objects to click on View tab in the ribbon
- You need to change view to table type and then click on Field Chooser tab to select All
- fields and just drag the modified field to table heading
- Now check whether duplicate data items have unique date to sort them by this field
- Finally, click on the items to delete and press delete to permanently remove them
To avoid the situation of downloading or receiving duplicate emails in Outlook, go through the following steps:
- Make sure that only one instance is running. For this, go to Windows task manager->Processes tab and check whether Outlook.exe is listed twice. If yes, then stop one of them using End process key.
- Do not leave message copy on server: Go to Tools->Email Accounts ->View or Change Existing Email Accounts->click on your email account and then on Advanced tab to clear up the checkbox associated with “Leave a copy of messages on the server".
- If you have two POP3 accounts for the same profile then go to Tools->Send/Receive Settings> Define Send/Receive Groups. Then click on group to view its containing accounts and clear the 'Receive mail items' check box in one of your account.
Following the above discussed steps, you can easily get rid of problems associated with duplicate emails in Outlook 2010. In other case, you may use PST Repair tool to resolve PST corruption problems caused due to oversized issues.
PST Repair Free Download